Monday, October 30

Strangers on the subway

Halloween was pretty fun, I was a crooked cop and went around arresting people with my plastic handcuffs. But I need to learn when to keep my mouth shut on the subway. I took a beer onto the subway on my way out Saturday and took a seat next to a bum. I looked over and he had a large can hidden in a McDonald's bag. He looked over at me and saw my bottle in a brown bag. Then we both started laughing.. what are the chances of that? He started talking to me about how he'd been hanging around this theatre in Midtown and saw all these workers running around the last two weeks. Turns out, the Rolling Stones are playing there and he was utterly in awe. But if you're a loudmouth on the subway, other randoms take that as an invitation to start talking to you as well. Which is kinda cool.

No comments: