Saturday, September 30

Wheels of Steel

I figure that driving would be the easiest way to get out New York with all my junk. I have a 1997 Plymouth Voyager that I've abused and misused for the last three years. It has 135,000 miles with no horn, no airbag, no a/c, rims that leak air, and too many unpaid parking tickets. There is no way I'm going across the country in that thing. I can just see myself stuck on the side of mountain in Pennsylvania, twidling my thumbs, waiting for AAA to tow me the rest of the way to New York.

With the help of Craigslist (it's been my lifeline the past couple weeks), I found a 2001 Neon with 70k miles for 4 grand. Not bad, considering any other car at that price has over 100k. I'll be leaving it with my sister in Philadelphia once I get out to the east coast.



If you look closely, there're hawaiian flower stickers across the top of the windshield... yea, I went to town on that with a flathead screwdriver and now it looks like white scribbles.

No comments: