Friday, September 29

Only on Craigslist

When travelling and moving into a situation where things are very up in the air, there is a certain need to travel light. I like playing guitar, but trying to move somewhere with a $1200 guitar and it's amp, pedals, and cords is a bit ridiculous. The answer is an acoustic guitar... which may also come in handy if I may ever need to sit in a park with a hat in front of me...

I was also in possession of several power tools from my American Loft days. These are things that I didn't personally pay for, they were leftovers from when my partner and I sold the company. So what's a guy to do, when he wants to buy an acoustic guitar and simultaenously sell some tools?

You barter.

My Delta 10" Miter Saw went up for $70


While my DeWalt corded drill went up for $30


The tools went unsold for two or three weeks when this beauty caught my eye.


It was posted for $110 and sent an email for the hell of it. A few banters later, I got him down to $90. I still didn't have any extra cash because the tools were unsold, so I offered up a Morley Wah pedal. To that, he responded with a request for any tools. I sent the links to my tools and BAM... one day later, I got rid of my extra tools and picked up a really well kept Fender acoustic in one fell swoop. Craigslist, baby!

No comments: