Tuesday, December 5

Progress

Slowly, but surely, I'm making progress. I've gotten the rendering portion up and running on Rhino3d and have finally figured out the ins and outs of getting a hot rendering out of that program.

I have three networking resources ahead of me. I met with my freelance guy's contact and he's setting me up with two giant Industrial Design firms sometime in January. I also met this guy who knew a girl from his high school that does ID. He got in contact with her and passed her info along to me. Apperently she works with some UMich people, which is a crazy coincidence.

Anyhow, I feel the momentum building. This rendering thing is HUGE. Networking is definately way easier than applying to every job posting I see. And after getting myself reacclimated this weekend, I spent all afternoon/evening pumping out renderings left and right. It's like I'd been wandering the streets the NY on foot then hijacked a Ferrari in front of a highway. I can feel things coming together in terms of my design skills, networking, and my life here in general.

Now, if only I had more than $4 in my wallet...

1 comment:

Robert said...

You might post on the Rhino Job board
http://www2.mcneel.com/rhinojobs/jobs.asp

Robert
ob.com