Wednesday, November 22

It's only a matter of time.

New York is massive. It is gigantic. The sheer amount of people in this city creates an entirely different social dynamic when compared to Michigan. At home, I've found that my social network seemed to be limited in size, but everyone was a lot closer and tightly knit. Here in New York, I get the feeling that it is the complete opposite. The number of people I can meet and know are endless, yet I understand that these circles will never be quite as close as those in I had in Michigan. So, when in Rome, do as the Romans do; take advantage of this new dynamic.

I've done work as a freelance industrial designer and finally met the guy that I've been working for for the last year. It's interesting how the face never does quite match the image created from a voice on the other end of the phone. Anyhow, I have made several important business connections because of him.

I have a meeting with a guy he knows that owns a graphic design firm. I'm hoping this guy will be able to pass me along to another guy who knows someone that needs help. I read somewhere that a person is only four degrees away from a job. Outside of that, he has even more contacts to help me with any business venture I conjure up. Then another guy I met through my roommate is a wholesale distributor... meaning I have access to enough resources to do exactly what I want: get my own product developed, manufactured, and distributed.

I just gotta pull it all together.

No comments: